Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A year?



Wow... it has been more than a year since I posted. I wish I could say that there was a good reason for that. There's not. We had an long summer this past year. We haven't done much work. I guess... well... I guess I just started facebooking instead. And Pinterest. Oh, pinterest, you do take up so much of my time. Sad. So sad.






And then there's MGB. Oh, how that little pooch o' ours has stolen my heart. I can't imagine our world without him in it. I'm really not sure I understood dog people 'til now. Having him makes me want to live in France. I'd really appreciate being able to bring him with us EVERYwhere... We are, however, totally fortunate to have two sisters who are willing to indulge our dogsitting needs. We call them his fairydogmothers. It's pretty accurate.






As far as the house goes, well... we're almost ready in the master. We started everything with this yellowish/greenish shag rug my grandmother gave us. I know. My grandmother? Yep. She's just that chic. It's not this whole retro kind of thing... it's something she used for about a year and then moved onto something else. That's my grandmother. Anyhow, we found some linen/cotton green curtains at el Barno de Pottery for a steal. We got four. And they sat. For over a year. I just took them to a friend to hem. I tried. Well, I almost tried to hem them. Todd made a headboard a few months ago... I helped. Well, I helped more than I usually do. I did more than just sweep. We found some beautiful fabric at Calico Corners and had two euro shams made. I did do some stitching to the duvet cover we found at Restoration Hardware last Christmas. I had to accomodate the not-quite-King but bigger-than-Queen bed situation we've got going on. It's not pretty but it worked. We found another linen and a friend made a bed skirt. Again, I was going to give it a shot, but... well... I'm so glad she did it. It doesn't look like crippetycrap. She also did this little neck roll in this fabulous fabric we found at Mary Jo's. And more pillows. We found two grey pillows at the GDC clearance sale. And it all worked together. I swear it helps to have a husband who is trained in color theory. All hail to thee, architecture major! We added a dresser with a greyish sort of wash and two night stands to boot. We also found a long benchish thing at Ikea that sort of grounds the space under one of the windows and affords us some storage. (Yay for storage!) And we painted... oh, we painted. Well Todd painted. And I smudged paint onto the trim. Over and over and over and over and over and over and... well, you get the picture.






I'm sure I'm the only person who will ever read this post, but it feels good to document the transformation of that room. We're just waiting to get some new chairs made. Yep, made! And maybe get a new truck? Aww, who knows. We just feel pretty fortunate to be where we are right now.






The Lord has certainly blessed us over and over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment