Monday, February 15, 2010

New Finds

I have a long-standing love affair with gift shops. I worked in a series of related shops in my hometown during high school and college, and I feel like I have to have a relationship with a local shop in order to really feel at home. When we first moved to Southampton, we actually stayed at a B&B in Winchester while we sorted out our housing arrangements. I'm actually not sure if we found The Hambledon on that first visit or not, but my love for it has increased tenfold in the many years that I've been gone. I love everything about the shop, but I mostly love that it fostered my love for Cath Kidston. I'm not so much of a Shabby Chic kind of girl, but for some reason, I love Cath's prints. Love. And The Hambledon introduced us to one another. When my sister heads home to Southampton she's good about feeding the Cath-loving monster with a piece or two, but I just haven't been able to satisfy my need from here... until now. I just discovered the cutest, cutest, cutest fabric site I've seen lately. Heather Bailey, I love your prints! Love. I think it doesn't hurt that I'm ready for spring, but I'm even more ready for some fabrics from her store!




I mean, these ARE our kitchen colors... Hmm... Could there be another UPS package coming my way?


No comments:

Post a Comment