Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Got My Spine I Got My Orange Crush


I used to looooove REM. I mean LOVE. Like listen to the radio, tape a song and rewind it over and over again to write down the lyrics. For years... Ok, until today, I thought the lyrics were, "I've got my SPRITE. I've got my Orange Crush."


So this is a post I started a month ago and never got finished. Tiling got in the way.


Once Todd installed the new subfloor, he added in this crazy orangeyfoamylayery stuff to serve as underlayment. Considering the age of the house and the relative out-of-plumb nature of a house of

such an age, it seemed best to work with something with a little give. This stuff (Ditra) is supposed to be great for situations like ours--especially when combined with a grout with a little sand and latex in it. Getting down backerboard in that bathroom would've been an absolute nightmare, but this stuff was just a little weird. The instructions online were decent, but there were some elements missing for novice DIYers. Todd became comfortable with it, but I (full of just enough information to be super annoying to him) was annoyed by those voids of information. So... would we recommend it? Todd thinks it was really easy to use and that it's great for small spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment