Thursday, August 6, 2009

Good Morning, Sunshine


I'll start with some before pictures of the bathroom. It's still in relative before mode.
We've stripped the wallpaper, the curtains and the handicapped railing. We've painted the mirror, faux tile, trim, walls and perhaps a bit of the floor. Ok. So a Lot of the floor. I'm a messy painter. It all comes up though. Excuse T's feet in the photo. Oops. The linoleum to the right of the toilet is what we wish we had as real tile--a fabulous hexagonal pattern. C'est la vie. We've gone with the black and white pinwheel instead.
I'm sorry to say that we did not keep the matching curtains and wallpaper in the pictures. I can remember thinking it was super fancy when people had matching wallpaper and curtains. Believe it or not, my tastes HAVE changed.



Anyone who knows T knows that he loves some Shania Twain. So we don't agree on everything... Anyhow, I couldn't help hearing the lyrics of one of her songs running through my head when he shouted across the house at me this morning, "Do you need to go poop?" Man, I did NOT feel like a woman. I felt about as gross as you might imagine it might feel. It didn't help much that I was wearing pants formerly known as the color black and my shirt? Well, suffice it to say that I won't be wearing this one anywhere but here. G-ross.


Good news? The black hairy stuff on the floor? Not mold. Bad news. We still have to take out everything down to the subfloor. More good news? The subfloor isn't wet. Entertaining news? When I'm in the basement, I can look up at Todd through the subfloor. Ok. Maybe not so entertaining. Maybe more along the lines of scary.



No comments:

Post a Comment