Monday, July 9, 2012

Pintercrack.

I'm addicted just like almost everyone else I know. Pintercrack has rocked me.

I want to keep track of a few of the recipe changes I've made. I've been doing this stupid, expensive, stupid, ridiculous, stupid low-carb diet for a couple of months now. I've essentially failed at it 'cause DESPITE the fact I've even added in exercise, I have lost all of one pound in the last MONTH! While I've had some cheats, those cheats have been in the form of a bite or two of something of Todd's. It's not like I'm ordering mashed potatoes or anything! At least I'm not gaining?
Anyhow, I want to keep track of some of the pintercrack recipes I've been making--and modifying. For the last month of school I ate roasted cauliflower for breakfast every. single. day. Ahh... nothing like the smell of cauliflower in the morning. Poor Todd. Anyhow, when I came across this recipe http://joandsue.blogspot.ca/2012/05/cauliflower-pizza-bites.html on pintercrack via Jo and Sue I had to try it. At 8 calories a bite it couldn't be all bad... right?
Well, it wasn't all good. Mine came out at 22.4 calories each. I think I made them a little large. And they resembled some kind of cookie. That was weird. You eat with your eyes, right? Well, it's hard to put something in your mouth that looks like a sweet but is actually a savory. I know. The pepperoni is staring you in the face, but somehow the cookie looking part is what stands out the most to me.

Anyhow, onto the changes.

I ran out of cottage cheese on the second batch. I used fat-free Chobani. Worked just fine.
  • I tried a big crust. Boo. That didn't work.
  • I roasted the cauliflower first. That saved loads of time.
  • I've frozen the mix to see if I can make some from that later.
  • I'll definitely add parmesean cheese to the mix.
  • And a smidgen of some kind of cheese after they've baked. It'll make them more pizza like. I think it'd be good with a smidgen of TJ's fresh mozzarella cheese stick.
  • Fresh herbs on top would also be good.
  • I added red pepper instead of hot sauce.
And I think that's it...

Here's my sad little picture. Boy, I am NO photographer! And this is a freaking huge picture. Geez. Mom hates when I say freaking.



THIS PICTURE IS STOLEN FROM JO and SUE's website.




No comments:

Post a Comment